If there are 2 listings for a catalogue the difference is 1 includes a basic print and setup from the supplier itself and the other pulls the decoration from your sub decoration spreadsheet that was filled out at the time of website creation.
We are using the catalogue called The Range for this example.
Example 1: Print included Datafile
Item: 5043 Backpack
This is how we can tell it includes a print and setup from The Range (all in the unit price)
- The Name says “Includes Decoration”
- The code has a different suffix: _RNG_DEC
- Decoration is defaulted to Print Included
- Decoration details are mentioned in the Long Description
Example 2: Undecorated The Range File
Item: 5043 Backpack
This is how we can tell its an undecorated item pulling decorations from your sub decoration spreadsheet
- The Item Name will not have Includes Decoration in it
- The item code will have a different suffix: _NOTT
- The decoration drop down menu will be populated with your sub decoration choices you added in the beginning
- The Long Description wont have the extra bit in it about what decoration it includes as it reads from the drop down menu
What you can do to make this less confusing for clients and users is
- You can HIDE the undecorated version from clients so they only see 1 decorated file
- Have BOTH files viewable to your USERS (staff) for quoting purposes
- This means USERS have access to everything, and your client will see the most correct price for printing.
If you want it this way you can do the below in the back end:
Go to View Range Permissions > Unregistered Users and untick the undecorated file so its hidden from unregistered people and click submit.
Go to View Range Permissions > Clients and untick the undecorated file so its hidden from unregistered people and click submit.
Go to View Range Permissions > Users and make sure BOTH files are Ticked so Users can see them and click submit.
Now only your staff will see BOTH catalogues for quoting purposes, and unregistered clients, and registered clients can see only the Decorated version.